NASA's $1 billion Juno Probe took its ninth set of stunning flyby images of Jupiter.

After a week long delay, (as the Sun passed between Earth & Jupiter making contact impossible) The raw data finally arrived back on Erath. Researchers posted it all online, and a community of amateurs and professionals has been busy processing the data to yield colorful new pictures of the giant planet.

At its closest approach to Jupiter, the satellite becomes the fastest human-made object in the solar system, reaching speeds of 130,000 miles per hour.

Juno then flew back out into deep space, passing over the South Pole on its exit. Churning storms at Jupiter's poles change their appearance regularly.

Researchers upload the raw image data sent by Juno to the mission's website, where enthusiasts take the drab, gray data and process it into color photos.

Jupiter's North Pole

Jupiter North Pole

Mixture of gasses in Jupiter's turbulent Atmosphere

Jupiter's 'chevron' cloud formations blow across the sky at hundreds of miles per hour
Jupiter Chevron Cloud Formation
With an average temperature of minus 234 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 145 degrees Celsius), Jupiter is cold even in at its its warmest parts. On Earth, temperature varies as one moves closer to or farther from the equator, but Jupiter's temperature depends more on height & elevation above the surface.
Jupiter, Juno Photo
Jupiter is made up predominantly of hydrogen. This simple, basic gas, a prime ingredient on the sun, accounts for 90 percent of the planets atmosphere. The Remaining 10 percent is composed of helium.
Jupiter Clouds
The atmosphere of Jupiter is the largest planetary atmosphere in the Solar System. Other chemical compounds are also present. 

There are also traces of molecules like ammonia, methane, sulfur, and water, which give the clouds different colors and properties.

The Poles of Jupiter are constantly swirling & changing

Chemical mixtures cause different colors in the clouds

Some of the storms on Jupiter are larger than Earth
Jupiter Storms
Jupiter's Pole from Juno as it exits orbit
Planet Jupiter from Juno
The Juno Probe will continue to document Jupiter for as long as NASA can keep it going. 

Content by EMG-Pac


**This site is supported by Ad Placement, Native Advertisement & Affiliate Advertisement links. We may earn commissions on products and services mentioned, shown, and linked to in our content.  

PARTNUM MEDIA & is soo #META for- Art, Culture, Film, Film Making, Trends, Photography, People, Design, Travel, Social Media, News, News Today, Film Maker, Artist, Celebrity, Viral, Viral Video, Trending, Photo, Photographer, Destination, Fashion, Lifestyle, Food, Entertainment, Beauty, Music, Health, Tech, & more!

Content by EMG-Pac